Exterior Maintenance Technician
We are looking for our next amazing Exterior Maintenance Technician to join us!
Bringing nature back into the workplace since 1975, at Indoor Garden Design, we have developed our reputation for providing offices, hotels, retail spaces and event venues with the benefits of plants and green spaces.
From corporate offerings to broader services such as living walls and maintenance, we have constantly grown both our talent and our selection of products. We believe in the principle of biophilic design, bringing health benefits to your staff and making your environment more attractive.
Founded in a small garage in 1975 by owner Ed Wolf, Indoor Garden Design was nurtured and lovingly grown until 2013, when he decided to place it in the caring hands of our current three Directors. Over the years, we have thrived and have become one of the leading suppliers of quality, design-led planting schemes for North London & Central London
Situated on the edge of Highgate woods, our number of clients and staff has grown over the last 40 years, but our levels of exceptional service have remained as high as ever.
Main purpose of the Role:
To maintain exterior plants and landscapes on client premises to the highest standard as consistent with Company standard.
Main Responsibilities and requirements:
- To maintain plants by watering, cleaning, cleaning containers, topping soil and replanting when appropriate, removal of pests and diseases in plants.
- To identify necessary changes to plants using the appropriate processes as set by IGD for the maintenance of standards and accomplish results.
- To work and cooperate as part of a team across a variety of locations, with the ability to work under own initiative.
- To take responsibility for the standard of plant care at all allocated job sites.
- To keep to allocated times in client sites and to inform your Manager of any revisions to time allocation;
- To record and log documentation as required when carrying out your maintenance tasks.
- To record and log documentation as required – including timesheets, expenses, overtime, sickness and holidays on the company’s portal / log.
- To ensure good relations with clients while acting as on-site representative of the Company.
- To carry out tasks efficiently and with professionalism at all times.
- To liaise with your Senior Technician, Team Leader or Head of Department to ensure stocks/supplies required for following day/visit are ready for your collection or delivery.
- To ensure you wear your uniform, that you are fully equipped including wearing PPE where required and your uniform is clean, presentable and tidy.
- Ensure tools, equipment, materials, containers and plants are properly taken care of when in use/transit and put away in the correct place when not in use.
- To report back to a Senior Technician, Team Leader or Head of Department any worries or concerns about your work.
- To create and maintain a tidy and organised work environment.
- To adhere to all Health & Safety directives and measures as required and requested.
- To be punctual
- To check rota weekly, and book yourself access in a timely manner to any client needing prior knowledge of your upcoming visit.
- Any other duties as appropriate to the post
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Horticultural knowledge desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Excellent time management a must & to be punctual and reliable.
- Good interpersonal skills for dealing with clients and colleagues.
- Capable of working as part of a team and on your own.
- Confident to find locations around London and using maps.
- Driving in and around advantageous but not essential
- Friendly and approachable.
- A positive attitude towards work duties and colleagues.
- Heavy lifting duties are required in this position.
- Proactive, committed, and effective team player.
- 40 Hours per week between – Monday to Saturday – 5 days out 6 from 6.30 am to 2.30 pm with a 30-minute paid lunch break – depending on business requirements. Some weekends in busy periods / out of hours work. Flexible working approved by your manager.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience – after 1 years’ service eligible for performance related bonus.
- Bupa Cash Plan, Cycle to Work Scheme, staff canteen at IGD, training allowance, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays).